Easy to make, if you can get over fiddling with the tiny little chicken livers!
one pack of 500gr chicken livers – trimmed and cut into small pieces
120 gr butter
one onion sliced and diced
two cloves of garlic chopped
two rashes of bacon chopped into small pieces
two bay leaves
one teaspoon dried thyme
two tablespoons brandy or cognac
salt and pepper
1. Heat your frypan on a medium heat.
2. Add your butter. Melt and add chopped onion. Saute till the onion is transparent. Make sure your frypan is not too hot.
3. Add the garlic, bacon, bay leaves, liver and thyme.
4. Cook till the livers are no longer pink.
5. Allow to cool slightly and take out the bay leaves.
6. Blitz your mixture till smooth. Add your cognac or brandy.
7. Taste. Season to your liking.
8. Store in little dishes and cover with plastic wrap immediately if you are going to consume the same day.
Store in airtight containers if you aren’t going to use immediately. Melt some extra butter and pour a layer over the top to seal the pate. Freezes well.